Professor John Coleman
Address: Phonetics Laboratory, University of Oxford, 41 Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JF, United Kingdom
Email: takes the form firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01865 270440
Research interests: Phonetics, speech technology, laboratory phonology and computational linguistics.
"John" is a very common name in the Coleman clann. So if you're looking for my Oxford namesake, the psychologist in the Department of Education whose primary interest is adolescence, look here or here. For the American TV weatherman and climate change denier, the English football manager and former player, the Australian rules footballer, or any other John Colemans, you'll need to search elsewhere.
- Spoken language corpora, especially the Spoken BNC, and the IViE corpus
- Vocal tract imaging See our movies here!
- Speech synthesis: IPOX
- Computational phonology
- Neurology and psychology of speech production and perception; Foreign Accent Syndrome
- Declarative and probabilistic phonology
- Berber (follow this link for audio examples)
Michaelmas Term 2012
Hilary Term 2013